Over the past year, the team here at SchoolAdmin has been working diligently to build a new feature into our Admissions Module that we are all really excited about: Online Teacher Recommendations. We talked to admissions directors from across the country, both customers and non-customers, to understand the nuances of each teacher recommendation process, and we’re so proud of our newest addition.
How it Works
Transitioning your teacher recommendation process to an online process is simple. We understand that many types of forms and surveys are used for this process and we’ll do the work to bring your forms and surveys online. The following describes the basic steps for each person involved in the online recommendation process.
For Applicants / Families:
- Applicants submit the request, including the contact information of the teacher/administrator
- Applicants see when forms are started/completed
- Recommendations remain confidential – applicants never see the details
- The recommendation process is tracked in their admissions checklist
For Teachers / Other Recommenders:
- Teachers receive an email with a link to the recommendation form and simple instructions
- Each teacher will see a guarantee that their completed recommendation will NOT be viewable by the family
- Teachers will complete and digitally sign the secure, confidential online form
- You have the option to decline the recommendation request
For Admissions Staff:
- SchoolAdmin creates online recommendation forms based on your current forms using our powerful form builder
- Admissions staff can see the status of parent and teacher progress at any time
- You can view and print completed recommendations from the SchoolAdmin Admissions Portal
Already a SchoolAdmin Customer?
You were automatically upgraded to SchoolAdmin with teacher recommendations at no additional charge. If you haven’t been upgraded, please talk with your Account Manager to get the setup process started.
And as always, we are working on more features to simplify your world, so stay posted for more exciting functionality to come!
What recommendation processes does the new feature not support?
If you are part of a consortium, you still may be able to use the online recommendation process. While some consortiums have rules against online recommendation systems, others allow teachers to print out recommendation forms from an online system and be sent to all of the schools.
Do I have to have the SchoolAdmin Admissions Module to use Online Teacher Recs?
Yes. Online Teacher Recommendations is not currently a standalone product.
Interested in receiving our latest blog posts, plus tips and tricks to help independent schools thrive? Subscribe today!