I love Twitter. I think it’s a great tool to convey your thoughts in a brief concise manner and get straight to the point. So when I recently came across this wonderful article on 100 ways to use twitter in education, I got really excited. Social media is becoming increasingly important for schools, and a major strategy to help fill your admission funnel, delight current families, and help students during the enrollment process.
The piece focuses on how schools can integrate Twitter into the classroom, but it also provides great advice on how schools can use Twitter in marketing campaigns to effectively reach parents and students. Now, 100 things is a lot to remember, so I decided to select the 10 most important things to take away that can help schools take advantage of Twitter’s potential as a marketing tool.
10 Ways to Use Twitter to Market Your School:
1. Learn how to use hashtags and choose relevant ones – (hashtags are the words that follow the # sign in Twitter. It is a
great yet simple way to organize relevant tweets)
2. Learn from others and share (retweet) that information
3. Ask (and answer) questions
4. Always credit your sources and say thanks
5. Take part in “Follow Fridays” – #followfriday is a neat way to make suggestions to people on who to follow
6. Create your own chat to connect with parents and get their input
7. Pass on information about events and updates (you can also do this via bulk email with school admissions software)
8. Share across platforms – It’s important to integrate your Twitter with your other social media accounts such as
Facebook, YouTube, etc.
9. Establish your brand to create and promote school spirit
And most importantly:
10. Tweet regularly!!!
You can also use Twitter as a part of your yield campaigns.
Subscribe for more tips and tricks to help your school thrive.
Comprehensive Guide to the 5 Essentials of Virtual Admissions
Learn how to master the essential pieces of running a successful virtual admissions process at your independent or private school.
August 10, 2020 | 13 min read
New Ebook: Refreshing Your Enrollment Journey For Your Most Successful Year Yet
July 16, 2020 | 2 min read
Announcing the SchoolAdmin Enrollment Management Maturity Model
April 13, 2020 | 3 min read